Participants wishing to present a paper (either oral or poster), to participate in (or propose a topic for) a panel discussion, or to do any other type of activity (performances, workshops, lectures, exhibitions etc.) at the Symposium must submit an abstract of the proposed activity as described below.
If you want to publish your work presented at the Symposium in the Annals of Glaciology, go to the publication page.
Steps to submit your abstract
1. Go to https://www.abstracts.igsoc.org/ and create an account. If you already have an account, log in and go to step 3.
2. Fill the questionnaire to create an account. Then, log in (see step 1).
3. Once you have logged in, click on the ‘create a new submission‘ box under the name of the Ice in a Sustainable Society Symposium.
4. Fill in the form below with the details of your presentation/other activity with which you wish to participate in the ISS Symposium. Remember that you have the opportunity to submit an article to the Annals of Glaciology related to the abstract you are submitting.
5. After filling in the main details of your presentation/other activity, you should click on the ‘add an author‘ tab.
7. In case there is just one author, go to step 8. If there is more than one author, click on the ‘Add an author’ tab next to ‘Author #1’. Repeat the process as many times as authors you want to add (and always in the order in which you want them to appear).
6. Fill in the form with the data of the (first) author.
8. When you have completed all the above steps, click on the ‘Confirm and submit‘ tab. In this tab you will see a preview of your proposal with all the data you have provided in the previous steps. You must make sure that the information is correct. Finally, click on ‘Submit!‘ button to send your proposal to the ISS committees.